Monday, January 26, 2009

France 2009

Missy says that I must do some explaining about my France and Germany pictures. I really don't have much to say other than it was quite beautiful and breaktaking. The history of Europe comsumes your every breath. I am so not an historian type of person and I couldn't tell you the names of any of the places we went, only that it was unlike any place or feeling I've ever known. We only had a couple of days surrounding the wedding, so Kelly and Sebastian took us to Strassbourg, France and Baden Baden, Germany. Both were about an hour train ride from Sebastian's home in Karlsruhe, Germany. The train ride itself...wow. Stepping off the train, walking down the streets, drinking the port wine, eating the crusty bread and drinking the vassa with gas (bubbly water),sharing it with good friends and a wonderful husband, walking to the pubs, crunching snow beneath our feet, wearing coats and gloves and scarves and hats, listening to all the different accents and laughter...these are the things I will remember forever. I'm sorry friends, I can't explain or name the places...here is the church, here is a steeple, look at these buildings, pose with these people. Forever memories.

















1 comments:

mbc said...

Love the buildings! I want some 'splainin' Lucy!