Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Neighborly Santa


Every year one of our neighbor's father dresses up as Santa and hands out candy canes to all the kiddos on the block. The boys LOVE this ritual and go through all the questions like "is he the real santa", "how did he get here", "where are his reindeer", "how does he know our names"...

This year, Fisher didn't ask any questions. I fear it's the last magical year for him. For, I remember I was in third grade when I was "schooled" on the subject of Santa. I was so sad, I even cried and refused to believe it was true.

He hasn't said a word to us about it though, so at least he's letting us pretend we don't know that he knows. :)

Merry Magical Christmas!!

2 comments:

Susie said...

You can clearly see the difference in his face vs. the other two... man, that's a little sad. But sounds like he's being an awesome big brother by keeping his suspicions to himself! And even without Santa, Christmas can be pretty darn magical. I hope it will be for all of y'all this year! :o)

mbc said...

Totally agree with Susie!

I was noticing Fisher's face too. What a wonderful tradition though, even if you are "too big" to believe!