Tuesday, December 18, 2007

This One Goes Out to All My Little Teacher Friends



My first lesson in clouds...given to me by my EIGHT-YEAR-OLD!!
***
Don't laugh y'all...don't you dare. Well, okay - you can laugh, else what's this blog for anyway, right?

So, my friend Sonia...who was a 4th grade teacher way back when...well, she has this daughter Lauryn who is darn close to genious....mind you she IS an only child....mine would all be that smart too, if I could have had that much time to spend with the lot of them. ANYhoo, back to the story...Sonia is forever giving this genious of an almost 5-year-old the lessons that would give any almost-36-year-old a run for her money. Well, most of the time Sonia tries to give me some lessons too...it's a long running joke for her to look over at me and ask me what kinda clouds are in the sky. Yadda yadda yadda. I just look at her and say..."whatever, when in tarnation will I EVER need to know that?" Well.....let me just TELL you...that cloud bug bit me RIGHT in the rumpous yesterday!!!

This is how that lesson went:

Fisher: Hey Mommy, the clouds today were Cumulus.
Mommy: duhhhh duhhh duhhh blah duhhhhhhhh dummy me
Fisher: Did you know that Stratus clouds are when it's sunny outside and they sort of are similar to looking like a horse's tail??
Mommy: duhhhh duhhhh duhh blah duhhhh dummy ole mommy me
Fisher: And what other clouds are there Mommy? There's that one that starts with a C, what's it called?
Mommy: Nimbus, Rhombus?
Fisher: Mom, I SAID "C" and we ARE talking about clouds here...
Mommy: duhhhhhh duhhhh duhh blah duhhhhh dummy ole mommy me.."Go ask your dad".
Fisher: Daddy, do you know that name of the cloud that starts with a C?
Daddy Daddy Big Fat Baddy: That would be Cirrus, son.
Fisher: YEAH!!! That's it! SEE Mommy..toldja!! And you know what those remind us of? Cirrus clouds remind us of blankets in the sky.
Mommy: (Nothing said out loud, only in my head)

Huh. Three words...SO I'M DUMB Y'ALL....well that was four...see what I mean?


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh Tina!! I don't know when I have laughed so much!! Thanks for sharing!!
Susie Mireles