Sunday, January 6, 2008

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Happy Birthday to ME!!

Yowza...it's been a while since I've blogged - so my friend Missy reminds me. Must blog. Must blog. Must blog. I simply MUST get better at blogging...which reminds me...I would like to request that those of you that read PLEASE oh pretty please post comments. I'm getting tired of doing this blogging thing for just my own self-satisfaction...do it or be damned.

Okay...anyway Y'all I've had a whirlwind of a crazy time. I forget that at the end of every year there are three different "celebrations" in the span of 11 days. That would be Christmas, New Year's and My Birthday...not to mention Sullivan's birthday just one week before Christmas. Wowee. Did y'all know I turned THIRTY FREAKING SIX? Well, oh well. At least I only FEEL 152.

And how SMART I was this year. I thought "Well, we'll just save some money this year and not sign the boys up for Extend-A-Care. " Hm. I have officially been home with the lot of them for 10 straight days. You outta SEE me. Not only are the voices in my head telling me I'm crazy, but every time I walk by the mirror that terrifying lady GLARES at me as if she's gonna fly straight at my cinnamon bun beehive sized hairdo and start attacking like there's no tomorrow!!
Presents, Christmas Cards, Cookies, Driving around looking at Christmas Lights, Work, Pies, Traveling, Wrapping Paper, Movies, Turtle Hunting, Poker Playing, Shanghai, Hayrides, Cleaning, 800 neighbor friends, Guitar Hero, Wii Games, Yelling and Screaming, Dogs pee'ing and also chewing up our new cowhide rug, Christmas Decorations still hanging around, Shopping, Laundry, Getting Mac off to Florida, Working from Home (ha), Relatives, Frame Class with the girls, Emails, Football....and that's just a FEW of the things my last 10 days have consisted of.

I was reminded by my very dear friend, Rachael- just this week, that it's NORMAL for all of these helpless feelings of outofcontroledness. When visiting with Rach and the other girls that joined me to learn how I make frames, we all had a chance to talk and reflect about the woes of motherhood. Rach was just almost to the point of tears as she was reliving with us the details of her day with her almost 3-year-old and seven-week-old boys..you see, she was worried that she was somehow not a "good mommy". "What a terrible mommy I am", she said. It was so very nice to be able to tell her that all the things that she was feeling were not because she was abnormal, but that it was because she WAS normal. VERY VERY normal. Mommies do not usually live the life of sparklyville. We weather through and it's with the help and love of our girlfriends that we are able to realize that we are perfectly okay and normal. Ahhhh....all I had to do was type it out and I feel so much better.

...and YES...these are my dear sweet girlfriends that helped to keep me sane THIS week!!



Anyhoo, now I must go and threaten the lives of the three boys who dwell in the bunkbed above and just show them who's boss!! Who's got $100 on the boys?

Night Ya'll.

2 comments:

Stephanie Eleuterius said...

I need a drink reading about your last 10 days!!! I also need a frame lesson - sorry I didn't make it last week.
xoxo!

rachael... said...

AMEN!! I can't even imagine how much scarier motherhood would be without you girls to remind me that, yes, ALL 3 year olds act like devils and, yes, it's ok that my baby is sleeping in the bed between my husband and I...and all the other trials and tribulations of raising kiddos. Love y'all. And thanks again Tina for the frame class...I had a fantastic time AND discovered a craft I can actually do!