Sunday, March 2, 2008

An Anniversary, A Rodeo and a Slumber Party

This weekend was mine and Mac's 11th wedding anniversary. As of February 24th, we've actually been together FIFTEEN years. It's been quite an amazing ride we've been on. Ups and downs and all arounds. I couldn't imagine my life with anyone else. Mac is my rock. He's my everything. He's my laugh when I am feeling down and my constant when I am doubting. He is a wonderful friend and husband. God gave me a gift when Mac came walking into my life.

My best friend Missy and her husband Russ invited us to go to the Rodeo this weekend, to celebrate our anniversary. My wonderful Mom had the kids AND the dogs over to spend the night so that Mac and I could make a full night of it. Well Folks, we had a BLAST. We didn't much see the Extreme Bull Riding and only saw one song performed by The Randy Rogers Band, but a great time we had, for sure. We perched ourselves in the Founder's Club for a few hours while we talked and drank and told funny stories. Well, and we consumed a wee bit of spirits also. (But we'll not talk about that....gracious, I'm too old).

After an evening of full-filled rodeo goodness, we headed back to Russ and Missy's for a Slumber Party. We proceeded to play Rock Band and Y'all...if I could have caught the Partridge Family that we were that night on film, believe me - I would have. And I would have shared it with Y'all. I think my dimples STILL hurt from laughing so much. WHAT FUN!! Thanks guys!!!

The next morning we got up and got to spend some time with RileyRoo and we also got to sit out on the back porch and drink coffee and talk and talk and talk.

And do Y'all know what my favorite part of the weekend was? When Missy leaned over and said to me..."I just love sitting on my porch, don't you?" (I know how important her back porch is to her...she's written about it here). But the best part is, she followed up her first statement by saying..."and I just love sitting out here with you." Russ looked over and said, "Well, that was kind of a weird thing to say." But you know what Y'all? That small statement meant more to me than she will ever know. I will cherish it forever and I think we should all go the extra step to tell people just how we feel about them, even if we think it might be a small and silly little thing...it could be huge to the recipient.

So anyway, thank you to Mac, Missy, Russ and Riley....I LOVE sitting on the back porch with Y'all.

1 comments:

mbc said...

Loved every moment Happy Anniversary! I love you both.