Monday, August 25, 2008

The First Day

Here are the pictures from the first day of school for the last FOUR years!!

2005
2006

2007

2008

Boy, they grow fast. 1st and 3rd...and I aint talkin' baseball folks! Today was rough on my little Eli. He told me as I was walking them to school this morning that he was really scared. I explained to him how much fun he was going to have in 1st grade. He did okay, until we dropped Fisher off at his classroom and then headed down the 1st grade hallway. He got huge tears in his sweet little eyes and it just broke my heart. He bawled a lot once we got to his classroom and I could barely peel him off of me to hand him over to Mrs. Bankston. Bless his heart.

He's had this problem with "they" lately. Why do "they" have to make ants? Why did "they" have to build Fuentes Elementary? Why do "they" have to make so many rules and laws that make us have to go to school? I didn't have the heart to tell him that for some of your life, not ALL of it, but some of it, you will feel as if "they" are against you...

After we picked him up this afternoon and grilled him about his day, he said that he loved it and that he was so happy that there was no way he was going to cry anymore and that he promised that he wouldn't cry tomorrow...probably.

We'll soon see. For now though, he loves 1st grade and Fisher...well he was back in his social butterfly habitat and he had so much to say that I'm sure he would still be talking about it, if I would let him. Sweet boys. NEXT year...my baby will start kindergarten and I'm sure I will just fall apart, but today....today was good. Thank you teachers...you all are incredibly amazing.

6 comments:

Lavender Chick said...

Poor little Eli! That just broke my heart... I can't imagine how you must have felt having to leave him there. I think this is why I'm not a mom - I would struggle with sticking with the rules...

Loved the pics of all the first days of school. Really enjoyed seeing your different hairstyles!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant idea to put all the pics up together! You should keep doing that every year, all the way until it's just you and Sullivan on the first day of his senior year. Then make a slideshow of it. (So, remember to do that in about 12 years, k?) I'm so glad Eli was feeling good about things once he got through his first day... it IS scary at first! :o)

Sarah said...

I love the hide-behind-kids technique!! I'm totally going to try that!! Great pics, thanks for sharing!!

sunshine said...

Awwwww...I LOVE all those pics. You are so beautiful and they are just precious. I can't believe how fast they grow.

rachael... said...

So fun to see these. I can't believe all your boys will be in school next year...

queenoftheboys said...

Bless that sweet Eli's little heart...bless YOUR heart!
Love the pics..what an awesome Momma!