Thursday, November 29, 2007

Don't Let The Bastards Get You Down

I know you've been there. 10 minutes before the pharmacy closes and you've gotta fill out all sorts of hooeymahgooey to get the sick kids medicine. Only to find out...OH, that son is no longer covered as of December 2006...has tha boy not been sick in a WHOLE ENTIRE year? Surely not. Surely not.

WHAT in tarnation are you trying to tell me you silly folks? I have an ID card right here that says effective January 2007. EiYiYi!!!!!

The sweetest nicest most patient pharmacy tech lady I've EVER dealt with in all of my old and wise 35 years helped me today. "Mrs. Russell...did you know you are now with Medco, not Cigna. You have a new ID card somewhere." You have GOT to be freaking kidding me....She has quite obviously not had the pleasure of gracing the hooplah I call "Homelife the Russell Way". First I've heard of this new Prescrption ID Card situation. To the best of my incredibly non-perceptive knowledge...I have never received an new ID card, and you know what? If I did...there aint a chance in Shinola I'm finding it any time soon. I've packed and unpacked and repacked my house 800 times since our world was rocked last April. One teeny tiny little Rx card, really? Seriously?

And just WHY do these sorts of things happen 10 minutes before the store closes? You know what that nice lady did for me? She stayed and talked to my STOOOOPID insurance company for 40 minutes after the Buda Pharmacy closed trying to get everything straight for me. What an incredible lady. I outta send her some flowers tomorrow. For every 5 turds in the world, there's one person that just shines like a diamond, dontcha agree?

So anyway....next time you're out there in the real world having a heckuva time just trying to get by, remember this saying "Don't Let the Bastards Get You Down..." One of my smartest friends ever in my life turned me on to that saying many years ago and it's been one I've tried to embrace and live by. Sometimes it starts to happen, but just remember, when you least expect it...there's a diamond that will shine through that big pile o' poo.

1 comments:

Lavender Chick said...

Very well said about diamonds and turds ...

What a nice lady to straighten all this out for you. Most would have just figured it was your problem to fix. It makes me happy to know that customer service is actually still alive and kicking in some places!