Friday, November 16, 2007

Have you ever heard of West Texas, Y'all?

Surely you've heard of Fort Davis, Texas? It's this little place my husband likes to call his "true home". Well, let me just tell you...14 1/4 years ago I discovered that not only are tumbleweed "for real y'all", but there are such things as Prairie Dogs and Dust storms too. But NEVER and I mean NEVER in my life have I fallen witness to something that happened in my own yard last Saturday.


We casually sat bar-b-que'ing with my cousin, her husband and our combined total of six kids (and that's only because the other three were at their "other" parents houses). Let me just give you a visual of the scene that played out. I'm sure there will forever be a most memorable impression on my neighbors minds, so I feel the need to pass it along...no need to keep it to myself! Okay....so back to the scene. As IF the six kiddos...still in their diapers, pjs, spit baths, bare feet and dirty faces weren't enough and as if us bar-b-que'ing in our FRONT yard wasn't enough...and as if the music spewing from my garage (which you can't walk thru) wasn't enough.... my sweet yet never-a-dull-moment husband decides to spring on us a little bit of what he has belovedly named his West Texas Engineering. It had been quite the windy day and the kids were enjoying a little kite flying in the front yard. Well.....I just don't think words can even describe what happened next....





I mean really....have you ever seen such a thing? Almost 15 years with the man and I continue to be surprised. He absolutely 100% cracks me up STILL after all this time. What would I do without him in my life? Just when I think that maybe this whole thing we call life MIGHT start to get a little mudane and boring, I remember who I am married to and that I have found a partner in life that will bring joy, laughter and a smile at just the right times...

1 comments:

Lavender Chick said...

Okay, first of all I am SO GLAD that you finally started a blog! You have too many funny stories not to share.

Secondly, I don't know if it's just my slow-mo computer, but the picture isn't on this post. I'm dying to see it!!!!

Lastly, I'm going to link to you... Can't wait to hear more stories, glad you finally took the plunge into blogland!