Friday, November 16, 2007

The Tooth Fairy Story

Back by popular demand...and because I don't want to ever lose this story...I print it again on my blog. Laugh it up...everyone else has!!!

Okay....so this MIGHT just be the best story I've ever told - because I KNOW you all know me well enough to visualize just how this whole thing went down.

After Fisher lost his tooth on Sunday we all celebrated and did our little dances, yadda yadda. Well, then I had to make cookies for his class so I cleaned off the counters and got set to dive into that task. Fisher comes along to check out his tooth again..."Mom, where's my tooth?" "Well Fisher, where did you set it?" "Right here on the counter Mom".....ON THE FREAKING KITCHEN COUNTER HE SAID....did you all catch that? Well because I remember scraping off the candy corn that had been laying there, and I remember seeing the white top of one and well....it really wasn't the top of a piece of candy corn....it was the poor childs freaking tooth. So, after digging through the entire OVERFLOWING trash bag....I found no Fisher baby tooth. After many many tears I had to explain to Fisher that the Tooth Fairy is magic and she knows when all kids loose their teeth, we just had to write her a letter explaining why the tooth was missing from his Tooth Fairy Pillow!!! God Bless us. So, word for freaking word, this is what Fisher's note says: Dear Tooth Fairy, my mom threw my tooth in the trash because she thought it was a piece of candy. Love Fisher. Then he writes this line - Name_____________ Because he wants her to sign it.

Okay good, fine.....we're on the road to dollar bills from the freaking Tooth Fairy.

Fisher is so ramped up and so pumped full of adrenaline about this fairy chick sneaking in his window that he won't go to sleep. So....about midnight I decide that he is FINALLY asleep. I sneak in and sprinkle the "magic fairy dust" (aka glitter) from his window all the way over to his nightstand where the tooth fairy pillow lay. Fisher sits STRAIGHT up in bed, Mom drops to the floor "BOOM". While I'm laying there, Fisher crawls to the end of the bed and says "Hey Mom. What are you doing down there"? "I'm looking for your dirty clothes Fisher." Mind you I'm flat out on the floor with my face straight down in the carpet trying my hardest not to die laughing. Fisher of COURSE has to check out the Tooth Fairy situation. "OH COOL MOM, she's been here, her magic dust is everywhere". "Look, she dropped her whole entire bag of magic dust on the floor." "Hmmmm...she didn't leave me any money." Where I had to THEN procede to pull the cash out of my back pocket and say....get this, you're gonna love this part..."Yes, she did Fisher, you caught me, I was just counting it to see how much she had left you." Fisher all of a sudden gets this look on his face, "Hey Mom, is the Tooth Fairy real"? Good lord have mercy. "Yes Fisher, go to bed." "Okay Mom."

I snuck in a little later to leave a note from the Tooth Fairy (me writing with my left hand which took 20 minutes...you're remembering what time it is, right?) and said....Dear Fisher...your mom asked me to please come back to your house to let you know that I found your tooth and will keep it very safe with me. Remember to be good. Love, Miranda the Tooth Fairy - P.S. I hope you loose your other tooth very soon.

The next morning Fisher asks again why I was in his room, why did I have his money in my pocket and why didn't he hear or see the tooth fairy. Once again I said that I was looking for his dirty clothes, I was counting his money to make sure she left the right amount and the tooth fairy is teeny tiny and we can't see her, because if we open our eyes, she disapears. I don't know if he bought any of it, but he's going along with me for the time being. And the BEST part of all of this story is...can't you all just SEE the look on Mac's face when I'm fumbling through my explanations all by my teeny tiny fairy self?

Thanks for reading my story, I sure thought it was too funny to keep it to myself.

Have a great Wednesday....and wish me luck that the Tooth Fairy can pull off her business tonight without a hitch!!

~ Tina Russell

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

good, i just added a lot of new emo backgrounds in my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info