Saturday, October 11, 2008

As If...

As if I need ONE more addiction to take me away from housework.


As if my habits I already have are not enough. As if Gardening and Reading and Movie-going and Scrapbooking and Photography and TV Watching and Blogging and now Facebook and Cooking and Bunco and all of these things and more are not enough wonderful habits to have...I must add ANOTHER...



THIS is Mancala, Y'all. The boys have been playing it in after-school for years and I always thought to myself, "Now how much fun can that really be? All they're doing is moving a buncha flattened marbles around a board." Well. Well. Hmpf. Fisher got the game from my Aunt Sandy and Uncle Ernie (otherwise known to my kids as Granny and Pop) for his birthday. I have played it a bazillion times and have been beat everytime and I could play about 899 more times just today and not get tired of it. WHY? It's so simple, but yet so fun. Another fun-filled way to hang out with your kiddos. But BEWARE...they'll try to make it where they want to play instead of you...you just hold your ground...you just tell them who's boss. But all joking aside, it is so much fun. Crazy little game.

2 comments:

rachael... said...

I've heard of it, but never played...I definitely want to give it a try. Although right now I don't think we could keep Beck from eating the marbles, so it might have to wait a little longer...

Janelle said...

Totally worth it. Very, very fun game.

We have the same hobbies! How great is Facebook?! Wish I would have invented it!