Friday, October 10, 2008

A Speedy Quick Fast Recipe

That is OH SO GOOD!!!

I got it from my sister-in-law (Joan). She calls it Taco Soup, but I didn't get that same feeling...so I'm calling it:

Can of This, Can of That

1 lb ground beef
1 can hominy
1 can chopped or sliced black olives
1 can ranch style beans
1 can regular corn
1 can stewed diced tomatoes (I used Rotel instead)
1 pkg dried ranch dressing
Shredded Cheese
Frito's
1 cup water

Optional: diced red onions, Sour Cream

Brown ground beef in large pot. Add stewed tomatoes and boil for approx. 5 minutes. Add can of hominy, ranch style beans, olives, reg corn DO NOT DRAIN JUICES. Mix well then add dried pkg of ranch dressing. Let simmer for approx. 10 minutes. Add cup of water to "soup" and let simmer for a couple more minutes. Serve over Frito's with diced tomatoes, cheese and sour cream on top (All Optional...you can just eat like a soup).

Of course y'all know me and I added some more "spices" to the meat when it was browning and a can of HOT green chilies. I was fully prepared for my boys to say "YUCK" and eat a bowl of cereal instead....Y'ALL, they ate it UP!!!!

Enjoy.

**CORRECTION** I have been informed that was one of my other sister-in-law's (June's) recipe. I stand corrected. Whoever it was...DAMN it's good!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was MY recipe..And it is good! I remember the first time I introduced it to the family was our Christmas get together when Sullivan was only a few days old at our house in Round Rock. I washed bowls all night because I didn't have enough to go around!! Love Ya girl!

~ June

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy...I make something similar but I'm looking forward to trying this recipe.

Susie said...

I made this! It is so good, and it makes a lot which = leftovers which = awesome because I like to cook once and eat many times. I also added some hot hatch diced chilies. And I don't know the last time I ate hominy, but it's so good. Why don't I have more hominy in my life? Why can't we all live in hominy? Peace, love and hominy, man. Ok, I'll stop.