Monday, October 13, 2008

Fisher's Taylor







Fisher and Taylor have been friends since they were 18 months old and she lived across the street with her grandma and grandpa. They share the same birthday - the very same. Same age and everything.

This year is the first year they've been in the same class at school. They sit directly across from each other, which makes me very happy because she is one of the most kind and sweet and caring little girls I have ever met. Every minute that she spends with Fisher just makes me smile, because I know she is, without realizing it, showing Fisher how to be a good friend.

She has been to dinner with us several times and every time she's over at her grandparents house she is across the street in minutes to play with Fisher. They never fight and argue like when his "guy" friends come over. I love it. Every year on her birthday Fisher is the only friend she invites to join them. I know this will change when they get a little older and strictly do the "girl/guy" thing for a while, but for now I cherish it.

The other day Taylor was over playing and I went across the street to ask Ken if she could come to dinner with us and take some pictures here and there. He said absolutely. Well, I got the above pictures and a BUNCH more...but the best part of the day was when we were sitting down to dinner and they were talking about their class and how glad they will be when Ms. Williams is back from her honeymoon. I asked him about this little girl named Haley in his class because I heard a rumor that she had a crush on him. When I asked him, he got all flushed and silly. Taylor said, "It's true, she told me." And then she said, "Do you know what Haley told me? She said that she has known Fisher for FOUR years. And I just had to tell her, well oh yeah, we've known each other since we were babies!!" Maybe a little hint of jealousy at such a young age? :o) And you know, I know you can never pick for your children who you want them to end up with in life...but a mom can hope, right?

1 comments:

rachael... said...

Looks like a perfect match to me!