Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm 'Bout Pooped

Okay, since I inundated you with the video montage, I decided to delay the Sunday Photo Favorites for a week. Sorry if you were looking forward to seeing even MORE pictures of my three little crazies, but you'll just have to wait.

What I DID do, well...you're not gonna believe it.

In the spirit of going overboard with every new thing or hobby that I decide I need to take on, I am here to tell you...I did not disappoint in that regard at all. OVERBOARD I tell ya...

While visiting with my amazing mother-in-law over Memorial Day weekend, I got the plant/flower/gardening bug. She taught me SO much in a 3-day span, I just hope I can hang on to a smidge of what she tried to teach me.


Here's what I did YESTERDAY:


Mom gave me some clippings from her Wandering Jew. I'll see if I can grow it in this pot before I plant it in the ground.




I got these clippings from my mother-in-law, Jane. I planted them yesterday. Mom also called it a Wandering Jew, just a green one. Hm. I am a dummy on plants and plant names, so I'm just gonna hafta trust her on this one:



I took these Cyclamen and Begonias OUT of the pots I had them in and planted them in the ground...we'll have to see if they survive. The Cyclamen ALREADY look better!! I've had both of these in a pot since about...last fall sometime when we were trying to sell the house and they have weathered through it all. ALL outside...all without much attention. Now that I've showed them some love, they will probably DIE.





I planted the Hollyhock seeds that Jane gave me here... (stay tuned for updates on this one). Yeah, I know I got some more diggin' to do. I was just too pooped to keep truckin'.




I transferred this ivy that mom gave me from her stash into this cute bucket I got at Hobby Lobby. Hopefully it will start to thrive. It IS within reaching distance for the boys though and they are like their mama and like to LOVE plants right to death. I'm sure there will be some sneaky watering involved.



I transferred these pretty Begonias from an ugly pot to a purdy one. Don't Y'all think?





I also transferred these Impatients into a purdier hanging pot.





And I planted these Zinnia and Cutie hot pink flowers (insert real name here, if you know it) into these pretty planters that Mac hung on the fence for me!!





I planted these cutie flowers....hmmm...Mom called 'em sumthin', but I've already forgot...







I planted these purdy purple numbers (don't know the name) in my old firewood box. I like 'em. Dontchu?





And THIS...THIS is when I started getting Le Lazy Man Disease...I didn't "re-pot" this one, just set the mother in it's already contained pot into the prettier hanging planter...(Don't ask me the name of this one neithah...it didn't have a tag and I didn't care, I just thought she was purdy)





And Mom, well she just flat out BOUGHT me these bad boys....Fisher picked out the Hibiscus and told her I simply MUST have it (he's the love of my life) and she picked out the Bougainvillea for me. Love mi Madre!!








And LOOK Y'ALL, LOOK!!! We've got two new blooms coming on our Magnolia tree!!!!




So, needless to say....not only is my sorry butt old and tired and SORE, but it's gotta be a few pounds lighter...what with it being 100 freaking degrees when I decided to "catch the bug". And y'all, if you knew my butt, you would also know that it will go into complete SHOCK if it loses even one ounce...much less a couple pounds. HOLY MOLASSES. Whattaday. No wonder I've scrapbooked for so long...it only takes mental energy :)

1 comments:

Lavender Chick said...

The next time you 'catch the bug' please head this way as quickly as you can. I need you to do this in my yard!