Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Oh Golly, What Now??

In keeping up with my dear friends HERE and HERE...I had to let you know about a little something that Fisher said at the dinner table just a minute ago.

Okay, so he LOVES this song by Maroon 5 called "Figure it Out" and he always asks me to play it on my iPod whenever we are in the car. Well, today he was singing it at the top of his lungs and there's this part where the song goes..."Your boyfriend gives you no respect." And well, Fisher's words were (mind you, we're at dinner at Chili's and he's singing at the top of his lungs...) "Your boyfriend gives you no more sex. So figure it out and let's go."

Hm.

I didn't know whether to stop him and turn attention to it, or just let it slide. So, being the awesome mom that I am (humpf), I casually said to him, "Hey Fisher, the words to the song go "Your boyfriend gives you no respect. So figure it out and let's go." He pondered it for a moment and said...."Mom, that makes NO sense." AND THE OTHER DOES MAKE SENSE TO AN EIGHT-YEAR-OLD??? Holy Holy Holy. I'm in trouble, huh?

1 comments:

rachael... said...

All I can say is, good luck mom! I'll be in your shoes in a few years and I'll be asking for advice I'm sure!