Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Poor Pitiful Me...

I'm having one of those days. Do you know them? The days when you think you're pretty much good for nuthin'.

I don't feel like a good mommy. I don't feel like a good daughter or friend. I don't think there's any way Mac should think I am a prize wife of any sorts and I certainly don't feel like a good employee.

I don't feel pretty, I don't feel smart or organized. I don't feel accomplished or nice or anything good.

I've got tears in my throat and feel like if I get my little ole feelins hurt one more time I'm just gonna goosh the ugly girl tears.

Do any of you have those days too, or is it just me feeling sorry for myself for no dang good reason? Meds, I tell ya. I'm sure the doctor would give me a bucketful if I would just tell him my crazyhead thoughts.

How can I shake off the funk? It needs to happen quick-like. I don't much care for this funky me.

Don't get me wrong...I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me. Maybe just shake me a bit and tell me to snap out of it...it's a waste of time and energy to feel sorry for yourself. I've got everything a girl could need. I just want and need to be better. Be a better me. That's what tomorrow will hold. It just has to. Funky = not me anymore!!!

See, I feel better already.

Now for some sleep or I don't know if I'll be able to pull it off tomorrow either.

7 comments:

mbc said...

Whassa matter?

I love you!

rachael... said...

I didn't realize you were feeling so down or I would have given you a bigger hug - or a big shake! - last night! Happy up...we love you.

mbc said...

BTW, all those things you think you aren't?....YOU ARE.

Lavender Chick said...

Honey, it's called hormones. That's all. It will pass. As my grandmother used to say: Just go wash your face and put on some lipstick, you'll feel better."

For some reason she always thought fresh lipstick would do the trick. You know what - I learned over the years that a fresh, clean face with lipstick really does work!

Sarah said...

I agree with lavender chick.. my southern belle mother always thought a made-up face would make everything seem better..

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhh.....Come on girl!! You are the best sister in law a girl could have! Get your chin up. I'm off today and Bob and I are headed for the ROT RALLY!! WHEW HEWWW! Take care and remember I love you!

- June

Janelle said...

I hope you felt better after you woke up! I know a good nap always does it for me!