Saturday, July 19, 2008

It was hot, we were bored...

This is my favorite pic from the weekend. It's one of the only ones I took...I was too busy painting. No, I'm STILL not done. Almost though, almost.

Took the boys to see Kung Fu Panda. Fisher and Eli dug it totally. Nonie and Sullivan fell asleep. Whatta hoot.

Went to dinner with the boys, mom, Mandy and Austin on Friday night. We went to Golden Wok in Pflugerville and then Mandy and Austin came down south for a slumber party. Sullivan spent the night with Mom, Fisher wanted to ride with Mandy, so it was just me and Eli in my car on the way home. Here is how our conversation went:

Eli: So, Nonie is your mom?
Me: Yes.
Eli: So, is Pop (Mandy's dad) your dad?
Me: No, Grandpa is my dad.
Eli: Hm.
Me: Pop is Nonie's brother, you know...like uncle Tony is my brother.
Eli: WHAAAT? So, adults have moms and dads too? Right?
Me: Yeah.
Eli: I don't get all of that. That is weird.
Me: I know.
Eli: So, was Nonie cute like me when she was little?
Me: Yes she was, I'll have to show you a picture of her when she was little.
Eli: So, why do Brandon's earrings stink?

And THAT is how most all of the conversations go in my life.

1 comments:

rachael... said...

All kids are fascinated by these issues, aren't they? Gage loves to talk about it, too.