Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Gone Are the Days

Well, I knew it was bound to happen. My sweet precious boys would no longer be the only ones in the world that thought their mommy was absolutely the most beautiful thing on earth. I knew they would find fault in me, I just didn't know it would be this fast.

The other day I was showing Eli how to do the "buttercup on the nose thing" we all used to do as kids and he said, "Mommy, you sure do have a big nose."

A little later on...that SAME day Fisher said to me..."Mom, I'm darker than you." And proceeded to put his hand up next to mine. Then said, "Nope, same color....looks like the only difference is you've got a buncha wrinkles."

SAME DAY Fisher reaches over to me and jiggles my fat arm as we are driving. "Nice" I think to myself.

And THEN...Eli was trying to sit on the couch with me and told me to move my big butt outta the way.

NOW, I know that I am ultra sensitve to issues such as these...but WHY did my kids have to grow up all in one day?

At least Sullivan didn't say anything except..."Mommy, you're pretty."

I simply must get a grip of this hair growing from my chin situation and FAST...or soon they will be telling all their friends that not only is their mommy fat and wrinkly with a big ole nose, but she's also got a BEARD too!! Everyone in the neighborhood will be paying entrance fees to the Russell Circus!!

Good Times.

0 comments: