Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I Make NO Secret of It...

I HATE school projects that are to be done at home. I have talked it over time and again with my nearest and dearest and they all know how I feel.

I couldn't have put it better when a "seasoned" Kinder teacher was also a parent on Eli's t-ball team this year and she just so happened to see that I had Flat Stanley with me and she said "Oh gawsh...I used to love Flat Stanley...until I got the opportunity to tote him around with me!" She said she used to be a FIRM believer in home projects...until she had school-aged children of her own. She says she no longer gives them. She is my hero.

Well, Eli's teacher is a first year teacher. And don't you get me wrong...she's incredible. She's sweet and smart and excited and young and I do love her. I just hate that she's such an over-acheiver sometimes. As of last night, we were smack dab in the middle of our 5th huge home project of the year and I had nothing but HIGH ANXIETY about it. Not to mention Mac being out of town, Fisher needing to do his homework and go to soccer practice and, well, everything else that involves being a mommy.

Without my angel of a mom Eli would have had a costume made out of a paper sack with arm holes and would have had to hold up his hands as antlers. You see, he was a "Mule Deer" for the skit "Baby Bear, Baby Bear". Well, like I said...thank you for not making my baby wear a sack Mom. Thank you for not accepting my below-averageness. Because Y'ALL....just look what my baby looked like thanks to my Mom...



1 comments:

mbc said...

Thank goodness for family projects--otherwise I would never have seen a mule deer this adorable.