Friday, May 30, 2008

The Snot Parade

Okay. So. #2 Kiddo graduated from Kindergarten today - see photos:



Ms. Black. She loves Eli. He loves her.



Daddy. Wouldn't miss Kinder Graduation for the world.




Mommy. aka "Snot Fairy"

Okay...I'll set the scene. Not only did Eli pick out the "eat my dust" t-shirt to wear on his last day...but things were just tough all around.

Mrs. Wymore (the principal) was crying. She couldn't hardly make it through the graduation. She's so darn sweet.

Ms. Black was crying. You see, this was her first class. She's sad to see them go.

I was crying - because...well because I'm the snot fairy, is why.

So, they do this thing where they say (outloud so the kids can hear) you are welcome to take your children home for the day. They did this when Fisher graduated from Kinder and I thought by now they surely would have learned their lessons. NOPE. Eli said, "Mommy, I'm going with you, right?" I said "No Baby, I have to go to work. Plus, you'll miss splash day at Extend-A-Care if you go with me." Snot, tears, lumps in the throat. Boy. Howdy.

Finally Ms. Black stepped in and said she really needed to spend one more day with him because she would miss him so much and that he was such a great and wonderful helper that she sure could use his help today. Then her tears started flowing again....then...then...well Eli grabbed on to me and hugged me with ALL of his might and said (loud enough for all to hear) "I sure don't like this day Mommy!!" :(

Well you know what Big Guy? I sure don't like it either. I sure think you are blazing through life and I just think you should try to slow down just a teeny bit. :) I am very proud of you today for all that you have accomplished. I am so proud that you got a medal for Excellent Attendance!! I am so proud that you are on task or above in EVERY subject...EVEN math!! I am so proud that you will be going to first grade next year but most of all, I am so proud that you are my son. You make the light shine bright in my life EVERY single day.

Also wanted to give a quick congratulations to Adyson H., Cami I., Kaitlyn T. and Reed R. for also making it through this first year of school. Happy Graduation - I am so very proud of you guys too and your parents - you are all pretty amazing!!!

3 comments:

queenoftheboys said...

oh my now I am crying...you are too sweet to remember that my sweet Reed graduated yesterday too! sniff,sniff....congrats sweet Eli! and sweet Momma!

rachael... said...

I can't believe Eli - or any of those other kiddos - are so big!

Sarah said...

oooh.. That brings back memories of Taggert's kindergarten graduation last year.. where does the time go..?