Wednesday, January 16, 2008

American Idol? What's that?

So every Janaury I wait on pins and needles until the new season of American Idol starts. I was pretty darn excited that it was getting closer and closer. THE day was right around the corner and I didn't have much longer to wait. Do you know what I realized just a few short days before? Well, that I had bunco the VERY same night of the season premiere!!!!! Well, to say the least I was a little "bummy" about the whole thing, but I was a champ and didn't say a word about it. Not one itty bitty word...and if you know me, that aint such any easy thing for this mouth o' mine.

Do you know what I learned? That I enjoy my Bunco girls SO much more than any dumb ole tv show...even if it is Idol!!! I didn't even miss it at all.

These are My "B" Girls - my girls that give extra meaning to my life. We had our annual Soup and PJ Bunco at Missy's last night and I just have to tell you that these girls...well they are the MOST amazing group of friends in the entire solar system.




If I tried to explain what these girls meant to me, I would just flounder around without the words that would appropriately describe these sweet sweet ladies. We've been together nearly 8 years and we've seen a quite a few come and go. As a matter of fact, we had a special new friend last night and were missing two of our usual crew. And we even got to love all over the newest baby of the group!!!! MORE than half of us are the original group and cherish every moment we get to spend together. We've added three marriages and EIGHTEEN kiddos since we started the group. We've taken many trips together, had lots of sleepovers, family picnics, parties with the guys, baby showers, happy hours, movie and dinner dates and OH so much more. We are PLANNING a huge trip to possibly GREECE in the near years....I can't imagine the stories that would bring.

Anyway...I just wanted to take a sec to give a little shout out to the best group of girlfriends in the world. If you don't have a group like this to share your life with, my heart sincerly hurts for you...I wouldn't be able to step through life without them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are awesome!! Where do you get the energy to do all that you do? I miss you guys and call me if you ever need a sub. I would love to catch up. De

rachael... said...

AMEN! What a great night. Of course if it had been the season premiere of LOST we would have had to reschedule, right Tina?? :)

Boyz3Mommy said...

Well...YEAH...duh! ;)