Monday, January 28, 2008

Saying Goodbye

I haven't been on in a while. We've had a rough weekend. We have had to say goodbye to a very important lady in my life. My Mimi.

Before the monster called Alzheimer's robbed her of her vibrant life, she was quite a lady. Virginia Belle Bradley could out-dance, out-craft, out-cook, out-smart, out-sew, out-argue, out-justaboutanything most people who crossed her path. She was a little lady, but she had a super huge personality. "Ginner" my Paw Paw called her. I loved her so much and spent so much time with her in my younger years. It was so hard to watch Alzheimer's take over her life. She would have never wanted to live her life that way. She did the best she could with it and so did her family that loved her.

Some of the things I remember most about my Mimi were that she loved to do crossword puzzles and word searches. She loved her "shows" (aka soap operas). She loved her children with all her heart and more. She loved to dance with my Paw Paw. She loved being a grandmother. She always made the best toast (why is it no other toast has ever measured up?). She let us go CRAZY at Christmastime when we decorated our sugar cookies. She would make us hot chocolate whenever we wanted it...even when it was hot outside. She was the best historian with regard to her family - I loved to sit and look at pictures with her while she told me all sorts of stories. She was so crafty...maybe that's where it's been passed down from? She loved to talk on the phone. She loved to go camping. She loved traveling. She loved her friends. She was so social and always loved to get "all dolled up". She loved to watch her grandkids play sports. She loved us ALL the "best" :) There are so many things to remember about my Mimi, but some of those are what I remembered most.

For some reason (don't ask me why - some crazy Tina thing I guess) I always loved her hands. I would sit and stare at them for the longest time. I guess it's because I always wondered how those little things could do SO much. While visiting with her on Friday, so that we could say our goodbyes, I remembered to get a picture of Mom holding her hand. This will be a picture I will treasure forever.



Two of the most important women in my life. With such small hands that could take on the world. I can only hope that to my children and grandchildren I will measure up to half of what these two ladies have meant to me in my life.

Goodbye my little Mimi ~

My your heart and spirit be forever at peace. I thank God that you have so many incredible souls to keep you company in heaven. Until we meet again. My love Forever and Always.

Yours, Ree Ree

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very beautiful goodbye. RIP.

mbc said...

Beautiful Tina. I'm sorry you lost your MiMi and Norah lost her mother.

mbc said...

And I love the photo. It says so much.