Tuesday, January 8, 2008

What Kids Don't Want

How come is it that the only things I do want in life, my kids don't? For example:

1.) They don't want someone to wake them up in the morning.
All I ask for is a sweet (ha) voice such as mine to call me from the depths of slumber.

2.) They don't want anyone to pick out their clothes for them and have them laid out.
PLEASE...someone dress me and have it ready for me when I wake up...PLEASE.

3.) They don't like anything you make them for breakfast.
Good LORD, if someone would just cook a well-done shoe for me, I'd eat it.

4.) They don't want you to kiss them goodbye.
A Kiss? Just one or two a day is all a girl needs.

5.) They don't want what you make them for supper.
Again, a shoe will do. If it MUST be done on the grill, that's fine too.

6.) They don't want to read.
A book, a simple book. I long for the days when I could read like that...when it was daylight out.

7.) They don't want to take a bath by themselves.
HUH? My gosh, a night without three Front Row Joes and Two Dumb Canines lining up to be my audience while I'm in the bathroom would be utterly amazing.

8.) They don't require a clean house of any sorts.
I really don't require much cleanliness either, but an occasional drop of a toy in a toybox would be swell. And a dirty shirt or two in the dirty clothes hamper would be peachy.

9.) They don't want to go to bed.
Gosh, I'm sleeping right now as I am typing this...it's the only way I get things done. Multi-tasking I tell ya!

Can you tell I just can't wait for Mac to come home from Florida? I can't do this single mommy thing by myself. I just don't know how some women can. It's hard work (as our fearless leader President Bush always says...HARD work.)

Night Folks. Wish me luck for the next 3 1/2 long ole days.

0 comments: