Monday, January 7, 2008

Calee's Lesson on "God"


So my cousin Mandy's little girl came to spend the night with us the other night. Her name is Calee and she's 9 years old. Exactly one year older than my oldest son, Fisher. They are big time buddies and Mandy and I just cringe when we think of all that they will get into together when they are 15 and 16. We just can't WAIT to hear "Hey Mom, I'm going to pick up Calee and we're gonna "hang out"!!". What fun, huh?

Anyway...back to the childhood lessons that are today. Calee and Fisher were sitting in the third row seats of the car, because face it...that's just the only thing to do that is cool when you are soooo "cool", right? Right. So, they are sitting back there while we are headed out to do some shopping the other day. Fisher had gotten this little text messaging system thingy for Christmas and they were "texting" each other on it. Fisher became frustrated with something or another and yelled out, "GOD". (Keep in mind they have NO IDEA that am I watching and listening to their every move...nor do we go to church...it's not that we are atheist or anything...I just know that God wouldn't want me in some building every Sunday when I already don't spend enough time with my kiddos as it is). ANYWAY...after Fisher's "shout out" at God, Calee glances over her text messenger and politely says to Fisher, "We don't say GOD like that, Fisher!!". Fisher looks up from his messenger and says..."Oh yeah, why not?". Calee thinks for just a minute and says, "Because I go to Church, Fisher. And we drink God's blood and eat his bones. Well, I don't know about YOU...but I drink his blood and eat his bones." At this point I look in the rearview mirror and try to decide if I should pull over and help Fisher gather his jaw back up off the floor. He looks at Calee and says..."YOU are crazy".

I was silently laughing so incredibly hard I ALMOST peed my pants. Of course at that very moment I had to call Mandy and tell her about Calee's lesson on God. I think she actually may have had to change her underoos, considering she's got one more child than me and all. She said that she had just taken Calee to church the other day and was trying to teach her the symbolism of the grape juice and bread. Well, it semi-worked for her, but Fisher....well we're afraid that he might be too scared to invite Calee the Vampire back to spend the night any time soon!!

3 comments:

Lavender Chick said...

I'm so glad you're back! I was missing your stories... This was too funny - blood and bones!

I have a question - what the heck is a frame class?

Boyz3Mommy said...

lc ~

oh i make these cute as pie frames and a few of my girlfriends wanted to get together so i could show them how...I'll post a pic of them up on the blog. TOO fun!! glad to be back too. it's been too long.

~ b3m

mbc said...

This is a great story! Who needs a preacher when you've got Kaley? (JUST kiddding)

Yes, post up your frames lady!