Friday, January 18, 2008

HOOOO-DEEE-HOOOO Y'ALL!!

I just got back from tha scary movies!! Mac and I actually went to see something about an old cowboy in some kinda country (I'm SURE it was filmed in West Texas...inside jokes y'all.) But anyway, when we got to the picture show, it was all sold out. So, we had to quickly think on our feet...no small task for us Russell Two...and the next best thing was a scary show.

We went to see The Orphanage...
You MUST see this show Y'all!

Let me set the scene...dun dun dunnnnn....The movie starts after all the Alamo D'House hooptee. The first thing that flashes up are the subtitles. Well, guess what? The movie is in SPANISH!! Mac leans over and in his not-so-soft inside voice he says "FOR REAL BABE??". Anyway, once we got past that and got used to the film and the subtitles...it was SO good. And pretty freaking scary and I loved the way the movie was written. The ending was incredible. There were not so many "gotcha" moments, but more mind perplexing moments. But there WAS this one "gotcha" moment were the little gay fella that was sitting next to me and myself were hiding under our jackets, peeking at the flick from over the tops of our collars. Y'all, when the "gotcha" happened I think the fella next to me, well he almost jumped outta his panties more than I did!! It was a HOOT. Once everyone in the theatre caught their breaths, I leaned over and put my hand on his shoulder and said "You alright?" He looked at me with these pancake-sized eyeballs and said "Oh My". We both got to giggling so hard I didn't think we were going to stop!!

Anyway, if you're up for a flick and you've already seen the incredible Juno, take a ride on the scary side. It's more GOOD than scary though, I promise. And pay attention to everything and you'll like it even better when it all comes together.

'til we meet again...and for those of you that want to know...yes, the squiggly crap hair must have come out during the movie. Because it felt 100% after that. Maybe it was all the laughing with my new little friend!

1 comments:

mbc said...

Have to pass on the scary, so no thanks! You're getting good at this--blogging more than once a day--watchout!!