Thursday, January 17, 2008

This Warrants a Second Post Tonight

Sullivan (my 4-year-old) just walked in crying and said, "I don't want to go to heaven, Mommy". This is a first for me with my kiddos. I remember doing it to my mom when I was a tyke too.

He said, "I don't want to get dead and go to heaven." I asked him what was making him think that and he said that he was wondering if Pop-pop was going to be dead for all of the days or if he was going to be able to get up. I don't know why he is so upset right now. Something set him off and I think all he was doing was watching OCC with Mac and Fisher in the living room?

Anyway, the weird part of it all is that he said, "Why did you go to heaven, Mommy?" I said, "I didn't honey, what are you talking about." He said, "You know, when you went to see Pop-pop in heaven, when you were in that parking lot." Well, I don't know if you all believe the same way I do, but I think kids have a 6th sense for whatever reason and I'm a little spooked by it all. So, I just wanted to write a little something to say that at least if I had to go today, I did just have a perfect day. I'm thankful for that and right this very minute, well I'm going to go kiss all the boys good night again and tell them how much I love them. Weird huh? Your thoughts are surely welcome here...

1 comments:

Lavender Chick said...

Hi there! I'm getting caught up after "being on the road" for the last 2 weeks... Boy, did I ever have a lot of catching up to do with you! You've been on a blogging roll! I'm loving the stories...

Regarding children and a 6th sense, well you know how I feel about that... There's something about that Sullivan...

Lastly, I was so surprised and touched to read your post about - well, about me. I don't know what to say, except THANKS. You are one sweet and special gift in my life.

Love ya!
Deb