Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Diet Schmiet

So I have been on this perpetual "diet thingy" since oh about the age of 12. I blame that first diet for my downfall. I have yo-yo'd myself to smithereens folks. What the heckazoid do I have to show for it? ANOTHER "off year". Yes, I'm having an "off year".

Mr. Nutrisystem works for the first 2/3 of the day and THEN...then I get to the world of the Russell boys. Chips, crackers, fruit snacks, Yogos, Cokes, Honey Buns, Ice Cream. Oh, I do well when I get home too. I might not eat the Nutrisystem dinner and I might eat the regular meal like the rest of the Fam does, but I've been really good about portion control in the evenings.

BUT...then it's time to lay down. And then, do you know what happens then? I shoot you not....my possessed pantry comes to life and starts chanting at me. "Come to me." "Grab a Quick Snack." "It's Okay." "You'll Never Reach Your Goal Anyway." Well...God Bless my big ole butt Y'all. How do I ignore this voice? Well, as of late I bloggedy blog blog blog. So pardon me if it seems that I'm blogging my heart out these days. It's all I can do to keep the voices of the snack food outta my head!!!

Any of your favorite tried and true diet tips here would be much appreciated. GAWSH, I think there may be no hope until my children are old enough to take care of themselves and I can escape to a gym someday. My time, it is ah-comin'. For now, we'll just chalk it up to an "off year".

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't deny yourself - if you're hungry, then by all mean, eat. Just try to eat something good for you....yogurt, fruit, etc. And try not to eat very much of it (assuming you're talking snack here). DO NOT EAT WHILE WATCHING TV!!! The entire bag of whatever you are eating will be gone before you realize what happened. Hang in there - you can do it!!! - de