Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Three Sons



Man, they are cute...aren't they? The picture isn't close enough for you to see, but if you could, not only would you be able to see the ice cream dripping off of Sullivan's chin but you would see the scabs all over his nose from where Eli got mad at him and chunked a big old HARD toy right at his nose, the black eye Eli got from the TRAMP-on-each-other-O-LINE, and the black eye Fisher got from his friend's knee while they were jumping on that very same contraption.

Boys. I have three boys. God loves me.

My cousin's husband just had his first son a little over 18 months ago - he had three daughters before Austin was born. Well, one day not too long ago, Austin was standing up in the dining room chair. We kept trying to coax him down. Mike looked over and said..."He'll only fall once before he learns his lesson and then it will never happen again." I had to giggle at him and say "You, my dear, do not yet know little boys. They do not have the logic of little girls where they will try something once and if they get hurt they realize they should never do it again. A little boy will hurt himself and think...gee, if I hold my tongue THIS way next time and put my foot right here, maybe it won't happen again." Mike looked at me a little strangely. I think he's starting to get it.

Boys are huge big balls of dare, fearlessness, excitement, joy, energy, curiousity, anger, wonder, frustration, laughs, determination, competitiveness, heroism, thrills, entertainment and so many other things I can't even pretend to tell you about. If you have a little boy, may God bless him and his loved ones and keep him safe. They are the most amazing little creatures on this incredible earth. I wouldn't trade them for anything ever in the whole world. Ever.

0 comments: