Monday, February 18, 2008

What-tah-do?

Sitting here, on my couch. It's President's Day, and the kiddos are all at school. Mac is in the bedroom watching Today and I'm just sitting out here. It's so quiet and still in my house. The possibilities are endless, yet I've been paralyzed with the "What-tah-do"??

Why is it that every single time I have the alone time I so crave I end up paralyzed and not knowing what in creation to do?

Is this foreshadowing for what is to come when the empty nest starts? Yuck. It's like I've absolutely totally lost my identity unless I'm doing something for those three little guys.

I could be...

Washing my greasy new hairdo (did you know that short hair gets greasier faster?)
Cleaning the Kitchen
Cleaning my Scraproom
Starting my new "walking" program
Folding the laundry
Washing the sheets (if Mac would get off 'em)
Shampoo'ing the carpets
Painting the kitchen
Cleaning the garage
Cleaning my bedroom (so Fisher quits saying..."but why isn't YOUR bedroom clean Mommy?)
Dusting
Vacuuming
Mopping

ANYTHING...I could be doing anything but this.

Do you do this too? Get up. Get up. Get up!!!

You know what? I think I'll watch LOST from last Thursday first and THEN I'll get started on my list....you think I'll make it?

Happy Monday.

0 comments: