Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Freckled Treasures

My brother Tony with my son Fisher - Christmas 2007


My Freckled Treasures

His face is full of freckles
and his smile lights up the room.
He's my little baby brother
who makes sound effects - Vroom Vroom!!

He's getting sorta taller,
Almost as tall as me.
And he's very very smart,
and just as cute as he can be.

This tiny little brother
my protector he's become.
We're growing up, we're getting older
together, having so much fun.

It's time to go our separate ways
our adulthood soon to start.
It will not be very easy
See, it's the first time we'll be apart.

I don't get to see his sweet freckles
or his glowing bright blue eyes
Near as much as I would like
My sad heart, I can't disguise.

But I've found a special someone
who amazes me as he once did.
Who makes me laugh and feel protected
Like my brother, when we were kids.

I have some wonderful news to share
I just can't wait to tell my brother.
I'm having a son – will you be there…
when I become a mother?

Holding my newborn baby
you can imagine my surprise,
when I looked down at his freckled face
and glowing bright blue eyes.

My son he fills my life with joy
and makes me laugh with such delight.
I gave him my baby brother's name
it's more than just his birthright.

I thank my lucky stars each day
for these gifts that came to me.
My brother and my son alike
If you knew them you'd agree.

To look upon my son's sweet face
and see the likeness of my brother,
My heart does smile and cherish
All the days when I was younger.

~ Written by Tony's Sister, Fisher's Mom

0 comments: