Monday, February 25, 2008

Oscar Turns 80

So many people thought The Oscars were a bore this year. I have to concur that they were far less sparkly what with the writers being on strike for the last three months and right up until the week before "show time". But for me...and my love of movies, I must watch from beginning to end. My best friend Missy suggested that I should consider an Oscar party of my own someday and you know what? I think that's a fabulous idea. I think I will start planning now for next year. Stay tuned for your invite!!

For now, I think I will have to share my favorites for this year.

Of COURSE I love Jen Garner. I want to BE her, are you kidding? She's the epitome of classic beauty, plus the bonus of being married to Ben AND having his child. Hands down, my favorite presenter of the evening...


As for my favorite dress...I'd have to go with Helen Mirren. What a classy lady. And gawd, could she ever pull off this dress. Incredible. My favorite color and everything. Beautimous Ms. Helen, just beautimous.




My favorite new Actor and my favorite acceptance speech goes to...Javier Bardem. While you spooked me out beyond belief in No Country For Old Men, you did a damn good job and you deserve that Oscar. Plus...how HOT are you without your pasty white skin and Dorothy Hamill haircut anyway?


My favorite pregnant actress to attend (because their was a bunch of 'em), was the timeless Nicole Kidman.


My favorite "what the heck is she doing I could give a better speech than that" moment must be handed to Katherine Heigl. What a twit. I used to adore her...but she's just so full of herself. Or so I hear...I don't know the gal. I guess she could be wonderful...but oh well. WHAT was she doing last night??



MY favorite flick of the year...and it's just my opinion because it only won one award, so how good can it really be? Well, that would have to be reserved for Juno...and Ellen girl, you are the best new actress around. Keep doin' whatcha do!!






And unfortunately I could go on and on, but for now I must put Oscar to bed. Until my crazy obsession brings me back to the most glamorous evening of the year, I bid you farewell Dear Oscar. Thanks for another year of thrilling, dramatic, incredible movies!!

0 comments: